- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 bunch (about 3 cups) flat leaf or Italian parsley – finely chopped. –
- Juice of 2-3 lemons
- ½ c olive oil (approximately)
- ½ tomato, diced
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt to taste (about 3 tsp)
- Prepare the quinoa about 1 hour before combining salad. Add 1 cup quinoa to 2 cups water. Simmer on stove until water is boiled off and quinoa is light and fluffy (about 20 minutes). Remove from heat and stir. Set until cooled.
- Combine parsley, cucumber, tomato and garlic together. Add cooled quinoa. Drizzle with olive oil, squeeze lemon juice over and add salt to desired taste and consistency.
- Can eat immediately, or let sit and chill in refrigerator. The longer it sits the better it tastes!