- 3-4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 ½ Tbsp cumin
- 3 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 1 Tbsp ginger
- 1 tsp coriander
- ½ tsp cardamom
- Chili pepper (to taste, add more if you like heat, omit if you don’t)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups chicken stock (approximately)
- Place chicken breasts in bowl with salt, pepper, garlic, turmeric, coriander, cumin, ginger, cardamom, and chili pepper (optional)
- In the bottom of your slow cooker add the vegetable oil and add the chicken.
- Pour the lemon juice on top and add the chicken stock until the chicken is almost covered.
- Cook on low heat for 4 hours, until the chicken is falling apart, keep on warm until just before serving.
- A few minutes before eating, transfer the chicken and liquid to a large pan. Shred the chicken with forks, and turn the heat on high.
- Watch the chicken as the liquid reduces. You will want all of the liquid to be reduced and the chicken to just slightly begin drying up. Enjoy!